2 Replies - 399 Views - Last Post: 20 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[Ubuntu]Why wont my drivers install?

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Everytime i try to install my ATI/AMD drivers from the software it would fail. Im still trying to find where the log report is located at. This has happened 3 times when i reseted my dual booting to have more harddrive memory installed on my laptop. Anyone else had this problem before?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Ubuntu]Why wont my drivers install?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Ubuntu]Why wont my drivers install?

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yes. It's the reason I no longer buy ATI cards. They have horrible Linux support. (Or had. I haven't used ATI in years. Don't know if they've improved any.)

Does Ubuntu not install ATI drivers by default? Or, at least, offer you the option of installing them when you log in? (It's proprietary software, so they have to ask.) - They always do that for my Nvidia cards. The drivers they offer tend to be a few versions behind what is offered on the Nvidia site, but I've never had any reason to upgrade manually.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [Ubuntu]Why wont my drivers install?

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

I never updated my graphics cards. They work good with high resolution games but FPS would be around 10-20. It asks but it would throw me a log where i cant figure out where it is. Im stuck with a ATI/AMD laptop since my parents wont let me upgrade it to something a bit more better. :hang:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1