2 Replies - 431 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2012 - 07:32 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Login/Licensing like Spotify - Ideas?

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hi,

This is my first post/thread in the forum :)

Anyhow, I am soon done with my application and I wondered if anyone know how I can make an account system like Spotify's. The reason is that my software will eventually be paid (monthly), but now in the early stages I want it to be free (to eliminate bugs etc.).

So basically; the user goes to my website, creates an account, use that account to log in to my software, use software.

As I don't want to spent that much time on this system, an already-made-solution would be awesome. Anyone know of something like this?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Login/Licensing like Spotify - Ideas?

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Login/Licensing like Spotify - Ideas?

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

It wouldn't take so long at all, setup a web service over SSL that accepts authentication credentials and returns whether they have a valid subscription or not.

On the web service, allow them to purchase subscriptions for a month.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Login/Licensing like Spotify - Ideas?

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Off topic: How sad is it that we offer something for free initially so that others can help us find bugs in our software, and then later we turn around and charge those same people who volunteered their time and effort? I think that those who got in on the ground floor and helped find bugs should either get to to use the product for free for the lifetime of v1 of the product, or be compensated with some initial free time period at the very least.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1