6 Replies - 393 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2012 - 01:20 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem in integrating.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

Dear members,

first, I am extremely sorry if I have created a topic in wrong section, please feel free to MOVE it.

I have some questions, please respond.

So, let's start, let me tell you the scenario.

I want to make a SOFTWARE, yes a proper SOFTWARE. I am ready for the HARDWORK, please clear my doubts :)

So, here are my questions

I am making a software about BUILDING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. I have not started because I don't know from where to start it. Please guide me :)

So here are my questions.

1.) What all I'll need to make a proper software (.exe). like, (I double click on my abc.exe and BOOM the software is installed)

2.) How to create a sexy GUI for my software, glowing buttons (decent), nice color scheme, nice organized GUI (Graphical User Interface)

3.) How to integrate the code ? (C++ code, java code)into the software !!

That's all for now, please help step by step, please :) I really liked this FORUMS after searching tons about it :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem in integrating.

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem in integrating.

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

1.) What all I'll need to make a proper software (.exe). like, (I double click on my abc.exe and BOOM the software is installed)

The easiest method is to use an application which packages your own program (along with any other files needed) in to another application which installs it. Something like Inno Setup Installer. Alternatively, your program could install itself which would take a bit more work.

2.) How to create a sexy GUI for my software, glowing buttons (decent), nice color scheme, nice organized GUI (Graphical User Interface)

That depends on which operating system, language and method(s) you choose. Personally, I develop mostly for Windows in C/C++ and interface directly with the Windows API to create GUIs. You can use various other methods of creating GUIs on all the major operating systems, like GUI designers and/or wrapper libraries like QT, GTK+ or WxWidgets for example. Using these libraries might be favorable if you don't wish to learn the OS's APIs in detail.

If you want to have a play around with GUIs easily, try out software like QT Creator.

3.) How to integrate the code ? (C++ code, java code)into the software !!

Integrate in what context?

I have not started because I don't know from where to start it.

I assume you're at least interested in C and/or C++ since you posted in this forum. The first (and on-going) step is to learn the languages you wish to, as well as you can.

This post has been edited by Aphex19: 27 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I know C, C++ but I am not that expert.

So my friend told me to use "Visual Studio", ((He created a software in it)) and I am downloading "Visual Studio 2010" right now. So my latest doubt is, Can I create a basic yet complete software by using visual studio ONLY ? will it allow me to make a successful software ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's a 16-Bit World!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

Yes, it would. But to make proper software, you need to learn C/C++ properly.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostSagar khanapurkar, on 27 June 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I know C, C++ but I am not that expert.

So my friend told me to use "Visual Studio", ((He created a software in it)) and I am downloading "Visual Studio 2010" right now. So my latest doubt is, Can I create a basic yet complete software by using visual studio ONLY ? will it allow me to make a successful software ?

Yes, you can create complete software in Visual Studio. It's also used by many different types of developers, from hobbiest to professional. Visual Studio Express (the free to register version) has some (of what i would call) minor drawbacks to the paid versions, and as such, at times you may find you need to use other applications (e.g. resource editing), but that's no big issue really. Visual C++ is an extremely useful tool when used properly, so be sure to take time to understand it as best you can.

Have you thought about the route you want to go with GUI design?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

Nope nothing about GUI, After downloading from where should I start my project ? I mean whihc will be my first step ? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostSagar khanapurkar, on 27 June 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

Nope nothing about GUI, After downloading from where should I start my project ? I mean whihc will be my first step ? :)

It depends on how you wish to implement it. If you want to write GUI applications all in code (with no form designers), on Windows, you use the Windows API. Alternativey, you can use form designers and/or wrapper libraries to develop applications faster and often more easily. It's useful to have an understanding of the low level API's of an operating system though, so if I were you, I'd try out both methods.

Research some of the following and see where they lead you.

Windows API
QT Creator
WxWidgets

This post has been edited by Aphex19: 28 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1