4 Replies - 4954 Views - Last Post: 29 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

convert SWF file to HTML5

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hi!
I am using google swiffy to convert swf file into HTML5, however the size of the converted HTML5 is double that of swf file. so the loading time increased on the mobile internet. what is the best way to covert to HTML5 with lesser or same size?

Thanks
Shinesun
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: convert SWF file to HTML5

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: convert SWF file to HTML5

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

HTML 5 is just a bigger format than SWF. Of course, you could try doing a ground up build, and dispose of unnecessary functions along the way. Also; many mobile browsers are not advanced enough to handle HTML 5 without some problems.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Well, depending on the SWF it may be worth hand coding it. Maybe you could upload it? Is it just a banner or a whole site?

Although HTML5 is a markup language.

http://www.456bereas...3_is_not_html5/

HTML5 does not encompass CSS/all these other things.

A common misconception is that HTML5 can provide animation and interactivity within web pages, which is untrue.[2] Either Javascript or CSS 3 is necessary for animating HTML elements. Animation using Javascript is also possible with HTML 4.

http://en.wikipedia....HTML5_and_Flash

If you want to animate things you'll need jQuery/or equivalent JS library and perhaps CSS3 animation as well.

This post has been edited by revolutionx: 27 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postdenting5, on 27 June 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

HTML 5 is just a bigger format than SWF.

Why do you say that?

When done properly, I see no reason why a HTML5 page would be any bigger than it's SWF equivalent. But of course if you are using automated conversion programs, you should expect mixed results.

View Postrevolutionx, on 27 June 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

Although HTML5 is a markup language.

http://www.456bereas...3_is_not_html5/

HTML5 does not encompass CSS/all these other things.

That's not really true though. Of course the HTML spec doesn't include the CSS and Javascript specs (although there is a lot of crossover between HTML elements and their respective Javascript APIs), however the buzz-word "HTML5" has from the very beginning been more of an umbrella term for all the new web technologies: the HTML5 spec and all the shared Javascript APIs for it's new elements, the other added Javascript APIs, as well as the CSS3 spec.

If used the way the shinesun used it, you should take it to include the CSS and Javascript as well. It does no good to be nitpicking about the use of "HTML5" as an umbrella term. It ain't going nowhere at this point.

View Postrevolutionx, on 27 June 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

If you want to animate things you'll need jQuery/or equivalent JS library and perhaps CSS3 animation as well.

No, you don't. jQuery, and the other JS libraries, are just there for convenience. They are in no way required for you to animate things with Javascript. You can do that with plain Javascript easily enough if needed.

Although I'd certainly agree that, when available, jQuery will make animating things much simpler.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hi,

If your swf content is non-interactive, one cross-platform solution is to convert the content to video and then use the HTML5
<video>
tag to embed it into a webpage.

The converted video needs to be in mp4, ogg and webm formats so that it can be viewed on a variety of devices. One online tool which converts Swf to video is Flabaco - www.flash-banner-converter.com

Flabaco retains the quality, color and frame-rate, is capable of converting HD content and generating professional quality video.

Kayo
Flabaco
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1