4 Replies - 269 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is Microsoft trying to wreck my USB sticks?

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Over the last few days I have noticed that some of my USB sticks have become unreliable.

Sometimes I get a rolling icon and no driver is found and then a message "problems with usb stick..." Then the USB stick won't open. It happens mostly offline. Though it has occurred online as well.

My OS: Windows 7 64 bit professional.
USB sticks with issues: Sandisk Cruzer Blade 4GB
: adata 1GB USB
: Sandisk - older unknown GB. [I covered it up because I hate that flashing stuff]

Now, to me Microsoft is to be condemned for all this. I shouldn't be required to be online to download their drivers each time. I should be given all the drivers offline - Puppy Linux does this with an enormous number of drivers including wireless ones.

It shows the need to have a Linux box around.

I expect that I have wasted yet another intelligent post on the swine who want to worship Microsoft.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is Microsoft trying to wreck my USB sticks?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is Microsoft trying to wreck my USB sticks?

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Is Microsoft trying to wreck my USB sticks?

No.

Sometimes I get a rolling icon and no driver is found and then a message "problems with usb stick..." Then the USB stick won't open. It happens mostly offline. Though it has occurred online as well.

I don't believe I have ever had to get a driver for a usb stick... and I have plenty of various memory cards, sticks, and so forth I've been using for years.

I am unsure why your memory sticks are failing.. perhaps you are throwing them around in the mud, or in the microwave, or just.. just you got bad hardware. There are plenty of variables.

I expect that I have wasted yet another intelligent post on the swine who want to worship Microsoft.

Don't be an ass right off the bat and start some sort of flame war.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

I make no attempt to start a flame war - my statement is perfectly valid - it follows from that other thread where I made intelligent posts about the limitations of Microsoft exams and all I got was some turkey saying the usual Microsoft-worshipping claptrap about the :real world".

Some people do worship Microsoft. They do not recognise the faults of its products and policies. I make no apology for pointing out the idiots on this forum who would buy a black of manure if it has Microsoft written on it.

No. I did not put the USB sticks in the microwave, radioactive nuclear power plant, dustbin hopper, washing machine, tumble dryer or anything else. I have provided multiple USB stick examples. I add that all 3 USB sticks have had these issues on 2 different machines with Windows Pro 7.

I will always follow objective and scientific processes of evidence - multiples examples and eliminated side variables.

The standard of discussion on this and other threads seems to be very low on this entire forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Are you safely ejecting the usb device, or do you yank it out expecting microsoft to correct the file system (silently) the next time you attempt to use it?

& as much as I love Linux, I will admit this topic is incredibly flame bait.

Some people do worship Microsoft. They do not recognise the faults of its products and policies.

Seriously? GUy, you have 15 posts here. Please observe before you start mouthing off about who posts here, & how they do it. Dream In Code has some of the smartest developers on the internet, & there are WAY more Linux elitists than Microsoft Fan Boys. (*& I should know because I've thrown my share of gasoline o the fire*)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

The standard of discussion on this and other threads seems to be very low on this entire forum.

Okay then. I'll go a head and close the topic out so not to disappoint you.

If you care to have this reopened or discuss why this is being closed shoot me a pm.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1