3 Replies - 515 Views - Last Post: 28 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to creat a website editor

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

hello ,i want to Create a simple website Editor (what you see is what you get ).and i dont know from where should i start .please can you recommend to me something to begin with (ebooks to read ,tutoriel ... anything ) i'm a beginner programmere .
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to creat a website editor

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to creat a website editor

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

Honestly, I'd suggest you aim a little lower until you've got a better grasp of programming. A decent WYSIWYG editor isn't a simple program, and you need a good understanding of programming concepts before you can start trying to design anything of that scale.

You wouldn't expect a student driver to try and compete in a high performance race car, would you?

With that said, the best way to learn programming is to program. Start by reading tutorials on the basics of your chosen language and then move on to making small and simple apps. Don't try to start by designing an actual "application", or you're almost certainly going to stall. Keep it simple.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

i totally agree you'r point but can't you sugged to me wich languages should i learn ,what exactly i 'm gonna need to study it to be able to create an editor (i realy want to create one ,this is what make me studing programming )
ps: the website editor that i wont to create is just a simple one the important thing :that it can be used by people ho can not programming ,to help them to create websites .sorry for my language :alien2:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Well, if you want to create a website generator you will need to master HTML and CSS. You can't teach your program how to generate HTML and CSS without know how to do that yourself. And building WYSIWYG editors is double tricky, because you'll have to make sure the HTML and CSS it's generating makes sense, without knowing before hand the structure and appearance of the site. You'll need to make you program smart enough to be able to compile proper markup and styles based on the user's choices.

Beyond that, the programming language you choose to use doesn't really matter. You could do this as a website using HTML, CSS and Javascript; or you could create a desktop app in any number of languages, like C#, Java, C++, Python, etc... They are all capable of this.

the website editor that i wont to create is just a simple one

No such thing. Programs like that aren't simple, period. - You may well be able to make it simple to use, but that doesn't mean it'll be any less difficult to create. In fact, making a program simple to use tends to make it harder to create.

By the way, even industry leaders in WYSIWYG HTML/CSS editors, like Adobe Dreamweaver, tend to have trouble compiling "good" markup. It can end up a complete mess. It's anything but simple.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1