3 Replies - 3836 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Review my Site Please

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi, please review my web site. I'm open to comments & suggestions, what would you change, what would you keep? How and what would you change?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Review my Site Please

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Review my Site Please

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Have you taken a look at your site on Chrome at a resolution of 1920 x 1080? Graphics are sitting everywhere and nothing at all seems to jive.

Attached Image

The red arrows point out hard edges that don't seem to line up. The green squiggles shows lots of open space that runs through everything and makes the site seem pretty empty.

I am sure this is suppose to line up better but looks like a disaster on my screen. Also the random popping up of items on the bottom seem odd since I can't appear to interact with them.

Just a few things to look at. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Lines up slightly better for me, but crazy graphics are everywhere and the font is unreadable due to both size and colour (inconsistent too).

Look through your favourite sites, through showcases (smashing magazine is a good place to start). If a designer gave a client something like this, they would get fired. Fancy graphics does not make good design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostShane Hudson, on 01 July 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Lines up slightly better for me, but crazy graphics are everywhere and the font is unreadable due to both size and colour (inconsistent too).

Look through your favourite sites, through showcases (smashing magazine is a good place to start). If a designer gave a client something like this, they would get fired. Fancy graphics does not make good design.

Any suggestions on what you think the site should look like or compare to ? Anything you do like ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1