2 Replies - 1603 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Drag and drop Website Builders

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

I am currently making some business websites for some people. These sites require a lot of database work so i will be focusing a lot of time there. I have looked online for Website builders to speed up the process, however none of them spit out raw html code. All of the ones i found want you to hose their site on their site. I would do the web design myself, but sadly it takes me days to create what a basic web designer could have done in an hour. Client side stuff is just not my thing ]=

If anyone knows of a website builder that gives you the raw html and css that would be great!

I am developing with django and jython. It would be awesome if i could design a website with a Builder or IDE, and then edit it myself to add django tags and so on...

Thanks for any help!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Drag and drop Website Builders

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Drag and drop Website Builders

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Well.. there are things like Dreamweaver, Frontpage, and even MS Word... I vaguely remember kompozer for some reason.

Of course the alternative would be to just pay someone to create the framework and you tinker with it afterwords.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Lemur  Icon User is online

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Drag and drop Website Builders

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

It takes a web designer quite a bit longer than an hour. If you're not good at something necessary to your job, it would be extremely beneficial to learn it and become proficient. You can't ignore it forever or look for shortcuts.

It would be beneficial to either learn or find a partner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1