2 Replies - 2447 Views - Last Post: 16 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Simple compiler error to fix

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hello!

I am not a flash programmer at all but I need to make simple changes for a website. The client provided the source for the website and as I tried to compile the .fla file, I get the following errors:

Symbol 'audioButton'          1017: The definition of base class Button was not found.
, Line 1   5000: The class 'com.imageworks.ui.Button' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.
, Line 1   5000: The class 'com.imageworks.ui.Button' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.
, Line 1   5000: The class 'com.imageworks.ui.DisplayScroller' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.
(Compiled Clip), Line 1       5000: The class 'flash.display.Sprite' must subclass 'flash.display.MovieClip' since it is linked to a library symbol of that type.

It seems that some action scripts are missing or in the wrong path as the client compiles the file with no issues and sends me the compiled .swf

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Simple compiler error to fix

• Indie Game Developer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Simple compiler error to fix

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Its probably using an external library that you have not been provided and so it fails to find those classes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Simple compiler error to fix

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

No, it is because you are extending classes from symbols in the library that are movieclips, your class must subclass MovieClip. Exactly what it says in the compiler error.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1