2 Replies - 298 Views - Last Post: 08 July 2012 - 08:25 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Can anyone advise me a link where I can study gui?

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'm so confused while trying to write something in the Gui, can you advice me some sources?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Can anyone advise me a link where I can study gui?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can anyone advise me a link where I can study gui?

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

There is a 5-part series of Swing tutorials in the Java Tutorials that is good to work through. Here's the first in the series.

The 'official' Java Swing tutorials are a valuable resource. They are biased towards using Netbeans and its GUI Builder, and I recommend you ignore the pressure to use the GUI Builder until you've gained a basic understanding of how to write Swing GUIs "by hand." However, use Netbeans as an IDE if you like.

There are many other Swing tutorials available on the internet. Google for them and work through the ones that appeal to you. It may take working through several examples before Swing basics 'click' with you, so don't become discouraged and give up. Come back here for help.

Mac also has a tutorial here titled "Approaching Swing for Beginners" (or close to that). Frankly, I think it's at the intermediate level at least, but you might read through it to get his take on the basic aspects of Swing programming. Also read the responses.

Good luck!

This post has been edited by GregBrannon: 08 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Can anyone advise me a link where I can study gui?

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

http://www.javacodeh...UIExamples.html
http://www.codeproje...GUI-Programming

maybe this helps .Please lemme know what specific problem you have come across but for beginners i used TheNewBoston tutorials on youtube as well when i was learning swing so you should probably check his channel out too .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1