3 Replies - 310 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Just wanted to say hello!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Hello all,
I'm new here and I figured for my first post that I would say hello and make a brief introduction about myself.
I have been self-learning Java as a hobby for about a year now but my ultimate goal is to become a professional software developer. I know that this will take dedication, devotion, and determination (or the 3 D's as my old high school coach liked to say) but I'm willing to put in the time to reach this goal.

At any rate, I was looking at the Getting Better At Programming (Java) topic and I have come to the realization that although I have been self-taught(don't worry I do use books and not just the internet :P ), I have a swiss cheese foundation. So in the meantime, I will be reviewing all of those concepts.

I also read here that I need to learn how to debug (amongst other things) so I found this.

My point is that the little bit of time I have been on DreamInCode so far, I have found so much information so I want to say thanks in advance to all of you contributors and to the DreamInCode staff for such a great site :). Now, it's time to get to work. Have a great day you all and thanks for reading!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just wanted to say hello!

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just wanted to say hello!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Curious question - where did you get that avatar icon? It's the sixth or seventh I've seen of that same sort of design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 13 July 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Curious question - where did you get that avatar icon? It's the sixth or seventh I've seen of that same sort of design.

It is from this website actually. I did not know that many people were using it although. I'll try to get something else later LOL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Haha.. well that shows how often I change my photo... I thought it was some sort of new hip game.. derp-de-derp to me... :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1