1 Replies - 2625 Views - Last Post: 18 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating special access codes to watch a movie

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I wanted to know if a concept like this below was possible:

We are a non-profit who will have selling a movie we made online shortly.

We would like to make a donation page where if a person donates $100, they will be given five special access codes that can then be sent to their friends e-mails. Their friends will then input the special access code on a website in order to watch the streaming movie. The special access code will be active for 45 days.

Does anyone have any examples of other companies doing this or any directions on if this is even possible/first steps to take?

Many thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating special access codes to watch a movie

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Creating special access codes to watch a movie

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

View Postarlyt, on 14 July 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

I wanted to know if a concept like this below was possible:

We are a non-profit who will have selling a movie we made online shortly.

We would like to make a donation page where if a person donates $100, they will be given five special access codes that can then be sent to their friends e-mails. Their friends will then input the special access code on a website in order to watch the streaming movie. The special access code will be active for 45 days.

Does anyone have any examples of other companies doing this or any directions on if this is even possible/first steps to take?

Many thanks!

I think your best bet will be to use php to create a page where you can input the code and direct that user to the page with the player embedded in it.
Click here to learn about php
And yes this is very much possible you just need to be a bit creative and see how to divert from difficult conventional methods and create something that is beneficial for you.
Javascript is also another option but im not 100% sure of that.

This post has been edited by Bluezap: 18 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1