2 Replies - 2363 Views - Last Post: 23 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Photoshop: Slicing noise?

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

How do I go about slicing noise, so that when repeated as a background it produces a smooth, clean, image? Say I have a 25% uniform not monochromatic noise filter.

Cheers,
~Jamal
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Photoshop: Slicing noise?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Photoshop: Slicing noise?

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

If I understanding what you are trying to accomplish your best bet is to create the noise in a separate layer in a completely square image (500 pixels x 500 pixels, for instance). Then in the filters drop down, go to other(at the bottom), and select the offset filter. It will bring up a prompt that will ask for a horizontal and vertical shift pixel amount (enter in 100 pixels for both, roughly %20 of the pixel length and width). Then, use the clone stamp and/or healing brush to remove the line that shows up from using the filter. Once you fix this, your square of noise should tile nicely, assuming you have feathered the line softly enough.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Photoshop: Slicing noise?

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Postgattigen, on 22 July 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

If I understanding what you are trying to accomplish your best bet is to create the noise in a separate layer in a completely square image (500 pixels x 500 pixels, for instance). Then in the filters drop down, go to other(at the bottom), and select the offset filter. It will bring up a prompt that will ask for a horizontal and vertical shift pixel amount (enter in 100 pixels for both, roughly %20 of the pixel length and width). Then, use the clone stamp and/or healing brush to remove the line that shows up from using the filter. Once you fix this, your square of noise should tile nicely, assuming you have feathered the line softly enough.

Cheers, I'll try that out :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1