6 Replies - 1137 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need help looking for a script for my website

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

Hi Everyone, I need help looking for a script. The script I am looking for is something like a swap/trade script. The script should let everyone do all the basic functionalities such as login, logout, register account, etc. The script should also have an administrative control panel. Basically, the script let people trade/swap items. I am willing to even pay for such a script. If any of you know any scripts out there that resembles what I am talking about, please inform me. Thank you.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need help looking for a script for my website

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need help looking for a script for my website

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

View Postftxxpower, on 31 May, 2007 - 09:10 PM, said:

Hi Everyone, I need help looking for a script. The script I am looking for is something like a swap/trade script. The script should let everyone do all the basic functionalities such as login, logout, register account, etc. The script should also have an administrative control panel. Basically, the script let people trade/swap items. I am willing to even pay for such a script. If any of you know any scripts out there that resembles what I am talking about, please inform me. Thank you.

I think 'script' is a little under-descriptive of what you are looking for. For this project, you will need some form of server side execution. Something like PHP, ASP, cgi-bin, or perl will be needed to complete this. Since you have users creating & logging in, you'll also need a database, like SQL or MySQL.

What is your enviornment setup?

Also, if you are willing to purchase something, you can create an account at rentacoder.com & you will be able to pick up someone for this project. Reply back if you setup an account, I might be willing to place a bid.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:04 AM

I agree with no2pencil.
This cannot be called as a script..
It rather sounds like a whole new project...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Thank you for your replies. I am looking for something that I can build upon. For example: here is an example of an auction script: http://www.built2go.com/ - I would like something like this but only for trading/swapping of items and not buying/selling.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

Your best place to look for any type of scripts/applications is probably http://www.hotscripts.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

I've looked at hotscripts, but they do not really have what I want. I was hoping that you guys could provide me with places (websites) to search for scripts.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

Hmmm

http://www.needscripts.com
http://www.scripts.com

I'm not sure where else to send you. If there isn't a script out there already, and you can't make your own, I would suggest contacting a programmer through the "Get Live Help" graphic on the right side of this page, or using a RentACoder type site to pay a developer to make something/modify something.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1