Most of these topics are very broad and only represent the basic subject matter. I am more than willing to suggest smaller sub-topics in any of these areas if you still can’t think of a project.
- Using particular STL Containers, especially these:
vector- done, Thanks jjhaag
deque- done, Thanks jjhaag
list- done, Thanks Anarion
map- done, Thanks gabehabe
queue- done, Thanks gabehabe
stack- done, Thanks gabehabe
- Using STL Iterators.
vector::Iterator-- thanks to gabehabe
- Using particular STL algorithms.
fill(), count(), rotate()-- All thanks to gabehabe!
Advanced Language Use:
Function objects.-- done thanks to Banfa
Operator overloading.-- done thanks to KYA
- Template/Generic programming.
- Template metaprogramming
- Run-Time Type Identification (RTTI).
- cstdlib functions
- cstring function
- ctime functions
- Steganography – The java tutorial was a big hit
- Embedded Systems
- AI – especially game AI.
- Data Compression
- Data Mining Techniques
- Fuzzy Logic
- Concurrent programming/multi-threaded programming.
Multi-threading on Multi-processorsthanks to bizzehdee
Computer Science / Theory
- Advanced Data Structures
- Trees (Red-Black, AVL) -
Linked lists- done - thanks mattman059
Hashtables- done - Thanks Anarion
AVL treesdone - Thanks mac0sWizard
- Trees (Red-Black, AVL) -
QuickSort – How does it work?- done, thanks csmanoj.
Parsing- done – Thanks Martyn.Rae
How to write an interpreter- done - Thanks Martyn.Rae
Finite State Machines-done - Thanks Martyn.Rae
- Using UML in design of C/C++ programs.
- Graph theory
- Neural Networks esp. dealing with AI
- Using Design Patterns in C++
- Debugging Techniques
- Coding for embedded systems
Programming for USB devices-- Done thanks to Anarion!
- Getting Frames Web Cams
- Oracle OCI
- Intro to Windows API
- Intro to GDK+
- wxWidgets -- part1,part2,part3 - thanks to gabehabe
- Basic QT tutorial
- Intro to Allegro
- Intro to OpenGL
Intro to DirectXand a Part IIthanks to KYA
Intro to SDL- done - Thanks to gabehabe
Related technologies/third party libraries
- Basic Boost tutorial
- Using make/nmake
- Using ANT to build projects
- Using Apache's Xerces C++
Getting Setup for a Project
- Programming style and Documentation style
- Online Hosts
- Version Control
- Choosing a License (GPL etc.)
- How to work with multiple people onto one project?
Please remember that all tutorials are reviewed for technical content by the moderators. None of us are professional editors but we do try to ensure that you do not embarrass yourself with incorrect content or ridiculously bad grammar. For the most part we will work with you to get a great tutorial out there.
This post has been edited by NickDMax: 08 July 2010 - 06:23 PM