1 Replies - 12292 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Team Build when does it call my targets

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hi there,

I am new to Team Build and MSBuild. I've read a few blogs on Team Build and MSBuild.

I've looked at extending the Team Build process by copying the DefaultTemplate.xaml and using the copied template to extend the functionality.

I know Team Build uses MSBuild but i don't know at which point it uses MSBuild. I know there is an activity called "Run MSBuild". Does this mean it will run MSBuild for my project/solution and execute my targets which are in the solution?

Does anyone have experience in using Team Build and MSBuild?

Greatly appreciate if someone could assist me please?

Thanks in advance,

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Team Build when does it call my targets

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Team Build when does it call my targets

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Since nobody replied i'd like to share my experience. The Build process involves creating build targets for each of your pojects within your solution. You then modify the existing build template by taking a copy of it and extending that template.

RunMSBuild is an activity which comes out of the box and will execute the MSBuild related targets which are part of the solution. I have found MSDN blogs useful.

In Visual Studio you would then create a Build Definition and specify the Build Template which you want to use. There will be parameters which you will need to provide to the Build Template which it will use to process the projects within the solution.

This post has been edited by MarmiteX1: 08 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1