0 Replies - 2671 Views - Last Post: 18 July 2012 - 08:11 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Obout Splitter not showing objects on postback

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

I have come across to http://www.obout.com/ yesterday.

There are a lot of cool stuffs that it adds to your asp.net toolbox so I downloaded it yesterday.

Aside from it being cool to me, I really needed the splitter control so I used it in the site I am making.

I wonder if any of you have experience using the obout controls? Particularly the splitter?

Okay. Now, this is my problem.

I have a page that performs some computations related to the system I am working on. It is completely functional.

Now, there is this new feature that I need to add on the same page. Instead of an ajax collapsiblepanel or accordion or resizablepanel, I need a horizontal splitter to separate the new feature to the existing computation part. So, I added an obout horizontal splitter.

The top and bottom parts of the splitter have separate update panels.

No problem with page load.

Now, when I click compute, the button still triggers and runs through my code. It still performs what needs to be performed. On postback, it displays an almost blank page. The objects in that page don't show except for the objects that are included in my masterpage.

I am wondering why the objects disappear. Is this a postback problem related to the splitter? Is there anything I need to add to the code when using obout controls?

I tried to comment out the splitters again and the page worked well so I am guessing it's a problem with the splitter.

I hope someone in this forum has used these controls before. I am still quite confused regarding their usage.

This post has been edited by November-06: 18 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1