2 Replies - 1724 Views - Last Post: 19 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Upgrading Power Supply Unit on Dell Vostro 230

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I wanted to finally upgrade the dell vostro 230 slimline so I could install a better graphics cards into the system.

Vostro 230:
http://www.dell.com/...p/vostro-230/pd

It's the slim with 250W ATX power supply. I was wondering what kind of power supply I would need in order to upgrade my graphics cards to be able to play Skyrim/d3 on decent settings. Also, what graphics cards would these be? I'm trying to aim for the cheaper priced graphics cards.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Upgrading Power Supply Unit on Dell Vostro 230

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Upgrading Power Supply Unit on Dell Vostro 230

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Also, what graphics cards would these be? I'm trying to aim for the cheaper priced graphics cards

Typically this means going to their website.. finding out the min specs.. and then finding said cards round, right?

was wondering what kind of power supply I would need

You are in an odd spot - you need to find a powersupply that *FITS* your slimline case... those are not your typical joy ride parts..

Do a quick cursory google search - you'll find it will be a bit more hard to find something for that.. I mean you *DID* buy a slim line so the expectation isn't game play it's useability.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Upgrading Power Supply Unit on Dell Vostro 230

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Remember that some Dell power supplies have different voltage outputs than regular power supplies. Make sure you research that thoroughly before plugging a new unit in or goodbye computer.

*edit*
The GeForce 9500 GT is a fairly good card and will work with your 250 watt power supply, assuming you have PCIe slots.

This post has been edited by SixOfEleven: 19 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1