2 Replies - 825 Views - Last Post: 20 July 2012 - 06:54 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

General Nooby Question About Objective C?

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

Okay, so I'm just starting out with Objective C, but I have some Java background, so it's not all completely new to me. However, it is very different, and I'm confused about functions in Objective C in general. For example, take the printf function. Well, to be honest, what is it? I know what it does obviously, but how is used? Where is it? How can I create a function like that? I know how to create methods within interfaces and implement them, but that method call requires an object instantiation, and square brackets. How do I create a function like the printf function?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: General Nooby Question About Objective C?

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: General Nooby Question About Objective C?

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

You've just asked numerous questions that are all covered in books on Objective-C. Pick up a book like "Learn Objective-C in 30 days" or any of the other self-teaching books.
http://www.amazon.co...rds=objective-c

You can't honestly expect to teach your self a programming language by just banging on the keyboard and hoping you are going to reverse-engineer it. Or think that we can write an entire book's worth of content and explanation in every rookie's question thread.

You have to take some responsibility for your own education by working through some self-learning books and the numerous on-line tutorials for learning the language.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: General Nooby Question About Objective C?

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

Or at least start here.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1