• (2 Pages)
  • +

22 Replies - 9543 Views - Last Post: 01 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Question:Access website locally Can't access from outside world

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

It's dying after hop 14. That's all that there is to read.

As was suggested in the previous topic, you need to troubleshoot inner networking equipment. Because you have many times said you don't understand these things, I've suggested you get with your networking department. Because you continue to post here for help, you either don't have one, or broke something & are trying to fix it under the radar.

If calling your ISP seemed to fix it before, common sense would suggest a follow up call with them, & relay to them the timeout on the traceroute.

The overall question to THIS topic, that I don't see previously asked & I apologize if it was, did your website work prior to the network outage from the other topic? If so, I wouldn't even dream of touching any configurations, DMZ settings, ip address, port forwarding, or ANYTHING. Your problem is related solely to connectivity & not the fact that your website is or isn't available outside of the network.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 16 August 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Because you continue to post here for help, you either don't have one, or broke something & are trying to fix it under the radar.

Yes we do have a Network Admin....he's talking to our ISP and I am looking at sever settings right now. We will check networking hardware shortly. And yes it was working a couple of weeks ago. I haven't touched any settings whatsoever!!! But for some reason it is not working now. I just want to fix this issue and also I want to understand what is causing this problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostBarNunBoi, on 16 August 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I just want to fix this issue and also I want to understand what is causing this problem.

Whatever piece of networking equipment after this hop is malfunctioning :

14 tx-74-5-125-150.sta.embarqhsd.net (74.5.125.150) 62.294 ms 55.071 ms 54.389 ms

The above (hop 14) is the last successful hop the network packet reached.

If we look at that ip, it's in Flint Texas. If that's near you, I would suggest that your isp has some faulty equipment. If that is your address, then you likely have a bad modem, or faulty equipment on your network.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

Who is your ISP?

It's not Time warner basic is it <cringes>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

We use Embarq. Here are some results family. We called our ISP and they said they can touch it using the IP address 64.45.251.172! So the problem is that our IP address and the name of our site is not matching up. They said we have to do a DNS Request. With that said, thank you guys for all your help, and I will keep you guys posted!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

If you do a Google search for "What is my ip address" does it come up as 64.45.251.172?

If so, sounds like you don't have a static address, which is a pain in the ass for hosting dedicated services like websites.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#22 Lemur  Icon User is online

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

If it is the case, Dynamic DNS is godsend. Still a pain to configure, but better than trying to shell out for statics when you're a solo venture or small shop.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hey guys gotta quick question......my website is up and running fine, but like every two weeks I have to go and repair the connection on the server. If I don't repair that connection then people start screaming that can't access the site. I'm starting to believe my DNS cache is getting full, and that's the reason this is happening. Here are the steps that are taken when I repair the connection: Clearing the ARP Cache, Clearing the NETBT, Refreshing the NETBT, Clearing the DNS Cache, and Registering with DNS. Is there a way to work around this? Has anyone ever experienced issues with DNS Cache getting full? Well any input will be greatly appreciated fellas. Thanks!

This post has been edited by BarNunBoi: 01 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +