Moderators abuseing power

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1542 Views - Last Post: 21 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Moderators abuseing power

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

On more than one occasion mods have been blocking posts or clicking the not useful button just because they can. There needs to be something put in place to stop this from happening. This kind of behavior is not acceptable if you wish to have a respectable web community. There need to be more safeguards in place and moderators should be vetted properly. Its a shame because on the hole this sight is a good source of information but it is not free from bullying.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Moderators abuseing power

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Moderators abuseing power

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I asked the moderator today to fix my post or i would make a complaint. They failed to respond.

jimblumberg blocked my post. his reason was that i was asking for people to do my code for me. That was a lie. i asked for a pseudo code explaining the steps I needed to take.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Moderators abuseing power

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Moderator actions are not up for public discussion. If you feel an action is unfair, you can report it and request it be reopened. I looked at your thread and do not consider it bullying or unfair. We're here to help others with their problems, with the expectation that they will put in a good faith effort to solve their problems.

everything i have tried ether crashes out my graphics driver or gives memory access exceptions.

Then post this. As the message said when your thread was closed- you are welcome to open a new thread provided you show a good faith effort at solving your problems.

I also want to point out that only global Moderators (note this excludes Mentors and Forum Leaders) and Admins are the only member groups that can move threads out of the Gimme Teh Codez forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1