Share your own code dream

• (2 Pages)
  • +

26 Replies - 8304 Views - Last Post: 02 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Share your own code dream

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I am a nub to programming and have just reached the boundary state of learning where things are starting to make sense rather than having the process cause mini strokes and seizures from trying to figure it all out (I am learning to program without the benefit of a land based school).

Anyway I also had another thing happen and I'm sure that I ain't the only one. I had my first code dream. It was about my efforts to get python to work with Eclipse or QT4 and apparently it related somehow to counting out the right change for the bus and not having enough in order to board I had to solve the Python problem for the driver to let me on. Anyway I thought of sharing this and asking others to share there own code dreams as the sites name is quite fitting. I tried an uneventful search for one like it first but if anyone knows of one that's already running let me know and I will post there.

Oh and my problem is with the repository with Eclipse not doing anything more than giving me a pending notice without actually updating the lists. I will be posting that question though in the right place. How that relates to bus fare the Code God(dess) only knows. Anywho have a great day. :bananaman:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Share your own code dream

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Share your own code dream

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

i always have dreams where my thought process resembles some sort of code algorithm. people kept trying to talk to me, and like a computer, i took everything super literal and could feel their words going through some code in my head. it was extremely frustrating
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 Slice  Icon User is online

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 AM

Thought this might have been a thread about what we want to accomplish in the future, our code dream.

On topic, I rarely dream and don't think I've ever dreamed about code. Once had a dream I was in the matrix though.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

Wow. How geeky is that.
Spoiler

I dreamed of code once. I was in a candy store and I bought a candy. Its name was FORTRAN. That's it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Watcher Outside Your Window

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

I once dreamed that I had an AI butler named Jarvis. Comes from doing Iron Man marathons before sleeping.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

Dreams who has time to dream?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

On multiple occasions I dreamt I was just proceeding with my normal life..but it was narrated. Every now and again those narrations will take on the form of conditional statements. Kind of like a Goosebumps choose your own adventure but the adventure is already chosen for you.

This probably comes from the ridiculous number of audio books I have been listening to at work.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#8 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

I once dreamt I was being chased by a giant letter P.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#9 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

I haven't remembered a dream in my life. I'm assured I must be actually dreaming, because the psychology boffins say so, but you couldn't prove it by me.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

right there with you jon, not never, but it's pretty rare.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#11 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I suppose it's possible I remembered a dream once, but if I did I forgot about it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

I once dreamed that I was trying to either make a spoon, or make the letter P, which I believe would have completed the alphabet and made a spoon anyway. Not sure why, but Oscar wanted a spoon. After all, if you look at the two, a spoon is just a straight-laced P, and a P is just a jaunty spoon.

The dream was aided by the use of salvia divinorum, incidentally.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Well personal i don't really remember this but my girlfriend told me i sat up right in bed one night and said ' i am controlling the database in my head' don't know what the fuck i was on about though
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#14 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

I remember a handful of dreams every year. But they are vivid, frighteningly - taste it, feel it, smell it, wake up and be unsure it was a dream - vivid. These usually involve horrible deaths of my children or unspeakable tortures upon helpless creatures. Other times, it is sex so real I can taste the sweat for days after.

They serve to either crank my libido to eleven for a couple weeks or bring on a two week fit of insomnia for fear of reliving the experience over again. After dreams like these, I wake up crying, sweating, panting, flailing, screaming, or kicking, and completely disoriented. I have injured other persons who happen to be in the bed with me on multiple occasions. Several times, I've run out of the house in a panic. There have even been a few times I've found myself vomiting after a particularly graphic and violent dream.

It fucking sucks.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#15 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I have dreams/nightmares frequently and remember few to some of them... On occasion I've had the wherewithal to sketch down (or write down) what happened in them when I wake up and before the drain out of my head and keep'em for future use. The problem is most of my dreams wear me out and I tend to wake up more tired than when I went to bed. Ugh...

There was a period where I was moving around my bedroom/living room and I could see my dream overlay on the items there and was sort of aware it. Usually I wake up in the middle of some action. For example in my dream I was about to throw a grenade, but when I wake up I find my self out of bed and arm cocked with a rolled up pair of socks, an empty can, or a mug. As far as I know nothing too severe in terms of sleep walking..
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +