• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

187 Replies - 22407 Views - Last Post: 07 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Re: d.i.c. fantasy football 2012

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

So what does everyone think about these officials? Is it making big news in the states? Some calls seem to be really bad and the Houston game yesterday seemed to be slowed down so much by bad officiating.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

I does seem like the games are taking longer. However, going by the stats from the first two weeks, the games were only 7 minutes longer.

To me, it seems they are too scared to make a "bang-bang" call. I believe I was watching the Saints/Chiefs game yesterday, and they had to use replay to determine the actual call. There wasn't a call on the field. To me, it seems they use replay WAY TOO MUCH. I think they are in the mindset of, "our calls don't really matter...we will just go to replay to get the right call"

I'd hate to know how a football game would be called by replacement refs 5 years ago when instant replay wasn't really available.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

I think their mistakes are being blown way out of porportion. The original refs made just as many but I always thought they were int he pocket of the bettign crowd. These new refs dont really care who wins or loses and call the games accordingly. By this I mean they don't come up with calls to balance out a bad call. If they make a bad call they let it go and move on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

I would say after watching the Dallas game that these refs are too scared like eclipsed4utoo said. The helmet to helmet hit that Romo took damn near took him out and produced no call at all. Also what the hell was up with that ref who threw his hat into the endzone causing Ogletree to slip on it. I mean I know they typically use their hats to mark when a player goes out of bounds, but c'mon did he really have to throw it so far out AND into his direct path? He could have seriously injured Ogletree.

This post has been edited by rgfirefly24: 24 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

the first week wasn't so bad, but you can tell it's having a huge effect since the players have figured out how to take advantage. pass interference is happening constantly, fights are breaking out, dudes are getting LEVELED.

it's pretty shitty how the nfl will ruin a product just because they can.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

AT LEAST THERE IS AN NFL SEASON

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

These refs are just horrible. Every other call under review and even got it wrong a couple of times at that. How can the ground cause a fumble? Called a fumble when it was a pass attempt as his arm was already in forward motion. These are the worst refs and the most poorly officiated games I have ever watched.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

I thought the call against the Chiefs where the RB fell to the ground, hurt his arm, and dropped the ball while he was on the ground was terrible. On short kickoffs, players are allowed to "take a knee" in the middle of the field showing that they are giving up. How was this any different?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

remember that the refs are from college level where the rules are different. speaking of which, why are college rules different. I mean from midgets through highschool you basically run off the nfl book and then when you get to college half the rules are different.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

It was a bad call period. Knee was down, ground CANNOT cause a fumble - the same situation happened in overtime and the Saints picked it up ran it in for 6 and they ruled that one a fumble.

I seen some other horrible calls that week as well, it is just getting worse and then Fox was fined by the NFL for criticizing the referee's the previous week really?

Some of the college rules I think are better, this moving the ball up 5yds and getting it on the 25 via touchback - College not sure if that applies to NFL is retarded.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

View Posteclipsed4utoo, on 25 September 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

I thought the call against the Chiefs where the RB fell to the ground, hurt his arm, and dropped the ball while he was on the ground was terrible. On short kickoffs, players are allowed to "take a knee" in the middle of the field showing that they are giving up. How was this any different?

i did not see this play-- was he touched by opposing team when he went down and lost the football?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

He caught it and fell to the turf. As he was landing he put his arm down and landed wrong on it. He rolls over, doesn't attempt to get up, and drops the ball and grabs his arm. So he is laying on his back, not trying to get up, and let's go of the ball. Refs ruled that because he wasn't touched, that he wasn't down.

Yet, QBs are allowed to take a knee and are considered down without being touched, and players who catch a kickoff are allowed to take a knee in the field of play. Not sure how this was different.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

It ended up costing the Chiefs 7. Luckily it pissed them off enough to make the Saints 0-3
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

View Posteclipsed4utoo, on 25 September 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

He caught it and fell to the turf. As he was landing he put his arm down and landed wrong on it. He rolls over, doesn't attempt to get up, and drops the ball and grabs his arm. So he is laying on his back, not trying to get up, and let's go of the ball. Refs ruled that because he wasn't touched, that he wasn't down.

Yet, QBs are allowed to take a knee and are considered down without being touched, and players who catch a kickoff are allowed to take a knee in the field of play. Not sure how this was different.

for some reason qb rules are different then the rest of the players which is bs.
as for the kickoff -- they are only allowed to take a knee in the end zone.

running backs on the other hand are not allowed to take a knee.. nor is a reciever or a qb when running.(a qb may slide but must still be touched when in the act of being the runner)
this running back is still live because he was not touched thus it is a fumble-- the correct call was made.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Who's Midway Monsters? You've got like 3 players on BYE week.

P.S: Two weeks until I see the Patriots take on the Rams at Wembley for my annual trip to London to see the only NFL game that I can in the year :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First