4 Replies - 1656 Views - Last Post: 26 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What School Should I Go To?

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to view my thread, anyways to get on with things; I have always wanted to be a programmer ever since I heard that anyone can design games it just takes time. So I am studying Java right now and I want to design a game like RuneScape Classic, it was 2D and looked very clean/nice. Anyways I am currently in High School and am looking for a College to go to when I get out of High School. I currently live in Florida, the schools I were taking into consideration were Edison State College, University of South Florida, University of Central Florida, Florida Gulf Coast University, and ITT Tech. I was a bit iffy on ITT Tech because I have heard some bad rep from it over the internet, as its a secondary school so you can't transfer your credits. I haven't taken any out-of-state schools into consideration besides Stanford but that's a high goal. I want to major in Computer Science as well. All answers are appreciated, thank you!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What School Should I Go To?

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What School Should I Go To?

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I don't know if we can really make that decision. You need to do research into each school. Which can you afford? Dig into their Computer Science program. Does it do any game programming?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Working with what little information you provided, I would recommend you check out Columbia College. They have several campuses in Florida, as well as a fully online degree option. For the quality, reputation, and price, I would definitely check it out.

I myself went to a 2yr Technical School since I qualified in a program that paid all of my Tuition, and once I received my Associate of Applied Science Degree in Computer Programming, I am this Fall starting myself with Columbia College for my Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science.

According to This, a Degree in Computer Science is not physically offered in Florida, but if online is not an option, do what I am doing. Attend a campus that offers the Computer Information Systems Degree (Courses are about 70% the same). Once complete with all you can do towards a Computer Science Degree, finish up online or take courses elsewhere that will transfer over and complete your requirements.

Good Luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Thanks so much for the replies, i'm sorry that I gave little info, what other information should I provide?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

*Moved to Student Campus*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +