• +

32 Replies - 4109 Views - Last Post: 29 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Job Interviews and Social Media

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

POPULAR

I look for pictures of my niece to see how many tattoos and piercings she ends up with before my psychotically Christian sister and her psychotically Christian husband lose their shit and murder her.
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 27 July 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

I look for pictures of my niece to see how many tattoos and piercings she ends up with before my psychotically Christian sister and her psychotically Christian husband lose their shit and murder her.

Now this is the way facebook should be used, like a boss.

I only have friends and family I know and I would never give my info for a freaking job. If you don't like my work fire me for that but don't threaten me because I like my privacy.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 27 July 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

This just seems.. tiring. Why not grow a pair and say "No.. I am not going to friend you on facebook"? Are people that concerned about confrontation and offending others?

Well, I told my relatives in their faces even my family that I'm making a Facebook account just for them so I wouldn't have to add them on the other one, which they know exists.

- Don't add anyone you know, unless you're a celebrity, then go crazy.

So who the hell gets in on the 'account for everyone'? Spamers?

I don't know, people you want to know to get better who you don't know in real life?

I am unclear why this is an all or nothing situation. Why not a moderate approach?

You're right, the middle ground works. Still, I know people who don't find anything interesting on Facebook and don't create accounts there. Maybe it would work if you just remove it from your life... I guess it won't work if you made a dependency on it to your life.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +