0 Replies - 2423 Views - Last Post: 30 July 2012 - 05:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Live Chat - Instant Messaging Help

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have this chat module I created that is a Web user Control where users can speak with an admin/operator and the admin/operator can switch between users in a list to speak to. Current I am trying to create a way for the admin to be able to open there chat in a separate window so that they can see multiple conversations they are having at once. To do this I have to user page specific variables that are set during initial load and do not change during postback. I have tried the following using viewstate, but the viewstate variables change during postback.

This is the javascript used to open a new window with the currently selected chat.
$('#dvDetach').click(function() {

window.open('/controls/livechat/detachedchatbox.aspx','_blank', 'width=422,height=422');

});

this is the vb.net code that is suppose to Set the viewstate variable on initial load and not change during client postback.
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

Me.EnableViewState = True

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then

If ViewState("id") Is Nothing AndAlso ViewState("guestID") Is Nothing Then

ViewState("id") = Session("id")

ViewState("guestID") = Session("guestID")

End If

End If

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType, "TestAlert", "alert('" & ViewState("id").ToString & ":" & ViewState("guestID").ToString & "');", True)

End Sub

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1