Rise has Risen!

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 956 Views - Last Post: 30 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Rise has Risen!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Finally, I found out how to create a roguelike the proper way! The name of my roguelike is Rise, and these are the currently implemented features:

-Movement and collision detection (You can't move through walls, closed doors, etc.)
-The ability to pick up and drop items (Rocks, sticks, axes, etc.
-The ability to craft new items out of old ones (Wood + Any Type of Axe = 5 Wooden Planks, or just having wood = 10 Sticks, and that's all for now...)
-The ability to construct objects (Just wooden walls and wooden doors for now, but it shall grow!)
-The ability to chop down trees with axes for wood (it takes a while to chop down trees with your starting, wooden axe)
-The ability to open and close doors
-One pre-made starting map

and more is to come...

In fact, I might as well tell you what the future features are:

-More items to craft, including:
--Sledgehammers for destroying man-made objects such as doors, walls, tables, etc.
--Shovels for digging holes in the ground
--Pickaxes for mining purposes
-More maps
-Randomly generated maps
-More resources besides wood, such as Stone, Dirt, Sand, and Minerals (gold, silver, copper, bronze, diamond, etc.)
-Hunger and Thirst
-The ability to eat food and drink water and potions and such
-The ability to throw items
-Dungeons and caves
-Ponds, lakes, and oceans
-Stone walls and doors, as well as walls and doors being constructed out of Dirt and Minerals (gold, silver, etc.)
-NPCs such as Monsters and Animals to slay for exp and hunt for food.
-Skills
-Perks
-Leveling Up
-a Health, stamina, and mana system for all creatures
-Treasure chests
-Treasure maps (when found and read, it displays what map the treasure is at, and when you're on that map, a red X will be displayed. When dug, you will gain gold coins... and speaking of gold coins...)
-Currency (gold coins and such)
-Advanced commands (cleaning your ears, wiping your face, ADOM-like commands)
-Being able to kick doors down and break the locks off of chests by kicking (this will sometimes set off traps)
-Traps (that you can disable)
-Lockpicking
-Villages
-Pickpocketing
-a Karma system
-Praying (If you pray, either something good will happen, or something bad, depending on your Karma)
-Gods that you can worship and pray to (some are loyal with minor results, others chaotic with extreme results)
-Chems (like the Fallout series)
-Addiction to chems with negative results (once again, like the fallout series)

and much, much more!

If you want, you can support me with this game by entering my Gmail circle, and chatting with me about the game. You will be given access to the SVN server checkout, as well as your name will be put in the credits of the game. You can also support me by saying stuff like ("Amazing! Keep up the good work!") and stuff like that. If you want me to post the (rather long) code for the game, I'll stop working on the game at a reasonable stopping point and post it.

Thank everyone for all of there help! I will NOT quit this game until it's 100% complete!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Rise has Risen!

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Rise has Risen!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

You already have an topic on this subject. Why open a new topic????

Jim
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

idk... maybe I shouldn't have opened a new topic... but still, my old topic was just me whining about not knowing how to add collision detection, but this one is about me expressing my joy and pasion for my newly made (and fully functional) roguelike: Rise!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

but still, my old topic was just me whining about not knowing how to add collision detection

Then don't open new topics for new whining. Keep it all in one place.

*** Closed ***
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

(after the lock)

... or as I've told you before - use a blog for the joy, and one continuous thread in share your project when you have screen shots, code releases, mechanic break downs, etc - the nuts and bolts you think people aught to be aware of when sampling your project.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1