2 Replies - 1717 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Mixing Languages in ASP.NET Application

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:38 AM

ASP.net 2.0 apps can host more than one language, but you have to set up your project correctly. via C/C++ Users Journal
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Mixing Languages in ASP.NET Application

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Mixing Languages in ASP.NET Application

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

It always makes me smile when I see articles of this nature - the combination of languages in ASP.NET. First and foremost, it would behoove us to remember that one cannot mix languages in the same page (pointed out in the article), but even more important would be a list of reasons why someone would want to mix them in the first place. This is especially true of the most often quoted examples of C# and vb.net. The languages draw, for the most part, from the same imported libraries...why would you want to mix them?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Mixing Languages in ASP.NET Application

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

For the most part you wouldn't mix languages during the initial development of the web apps, but I could see it happening with legacy code when new functionality and web apps are created.

For example, if the company had a previously built a web app in ASP.NET 1.0 using code behind in VB. C# hadn't quite taken off back then, as it has now.

In general, I think that most of today's professional development in web apps is done in ASP.NET using C# in the code behind. Just my opinion. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1