School of my dreams

• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 5178 Views - Last Post: 12 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: School of my dreams

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I don't think it would hinder it, in fact it would probably help it would be my guess. I think it'd give you some better insight to what you would need to do an the mindset for offering your services to businesses. If you want to go out on your own it'd give you the tools to start up your own business, and give you the knowledge on how to sell your services.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: School of my dreams

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

@Irohuro:

I agree; I think that it would help me as far as self-marketing. My only problem with that was that I would not focus primarily on CS; my main concern would be business -- which, to me, is more of a secondary concern.

I could always teach myself to a certain extent; I've done this so far with programming. I just wanted to take my programming and CS knowledge to the "next level", and really learn more about it from actual experts. I just was concerned that if I focused more on business that I would not have the time to focus more on CS; the representative told me that the IM degree with a foucs of CS is a very rigorous course and will require a lot of time and hard work.

That's all that I was concerned about.

On a different note; I visited the campus today :)

It was pretty awesome!

Anyway, I thank every body that has given me assistance; it is much appreciated and heavily considered.

I'll probably use this thread to document my progress as far as admission/enrollment or my thoughts or feelings on everything concerning my major, if that's ok.

My overall decision is that I'm going to go to Purdue.. I put in my application in September and in order to definitely receive the results by December 7, it was due by October 15, so I'm in the clear :)

I will still apply to IUPUI as a backup; in case I change my mind or anything goes wrong (doubtfully).

As I've said countless times, thank you all for your help!

I will check up with any more questions/concerns that I have every now and then :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +