2 Replies - 5902 Views - Last Post: 03 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[Casual Game] Colour Matching 1.2.4 (1.3 in development)

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to these forums, in fact, this is my very first post. I have been searching around for some forums to share my project for some time and I am glad to have found this website, so I thank this website for giving me the opportunity to freely advertise my works.

Let me get right into what Colour Matching actually is. Colour Matching used to be a project as part of my college course to complete as part of a unit called Event Driven Programming. I decided to make this project open source and I have since then been modifying and implementing new features to this game, and fixing bug where necessary.

Colour Matching 1.2.4 is the most recent and possibly my best release, apart from the fact that graphics may look out-of-place, but graphics in my opinion is not really a big deal to me. Here are the features of 1.2.4:

• The ability to play four game modes: Classic, Endless, Sudden Death and Endless Sudden Death
  • The ability to purchase passive bonuses, consumables and upgrades using reserved experience in a shop.
  • The ability to earn yourself achievements and gain additional money as a consequence.
  • Save and load from the library, or alternatively use the import and export to save information.
  • The ability to earn Skill ranks as a way to increase difficulty.

Currently, the current version is not really what I call good in terms of how it functions or displays, and has bad code practice, since it was developed about two years ago, and at the time I was still learning a lot about Visual Basic, the language this game is programmed in.

I will continue to use Visual Basic, but in this new version (1.3) the entire game will be revamped and instead of using Visual Studio 2008, I will be using the 2010 edition.

Click here to download version 1.2.4 of Colour Matching if you are interested.

If you are a programmer, and wish to contribute and help out a bit, then fill in this form and submit it. This makes it easier for me to track who wants to contribute. Please do not abuse this system as I do not want to reply to hundreds of requests on a daily basis.

Apart from that, if you are interested in version 1.3 of this project, see below for the features:

• Custom Theme support and Custom Mod support (a feature previous versions have never had)
  • Game Mode API to give coders easier ability to add their own custom game mode.
  • The four original game modes with some changes to improve game experience: Classic, Endless, Sudden Death and Endless Sudden Death.
  • Skill Ranks revisited from the original, and an interface to improve display of skill ranks and points.
  • Shops revisited from the original, an improved interface, and added bonuses:
    • Improved Skills - Increases the chance of adding a skill point by 1% per rank.
    • Improved Matching - Matching colours now gives a 0.5% chance per rank to increase the amount of skill points earned by 1.
    • Penalty Reduction - Reduces the score penalty of failed levels by 5% per rank.
    • Experience Multiplier - Matching colours gives a 2% chance per rank to increase the experience earned by 5%.

• Achievements revisited, unlocking all of a series of achievements will unlock themes.
  • Options will now have its own menu.
  • Successfully matching colours rewards orbs specific to that colour.

You are required to have downloaded and installed .NET Framework version 3.5 if you want to play Colour Matching 1.2.4

I hope you enjoy playing this game. If you have any queries and/or questions, let me know!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: [Casual Game] Colour Matching 1.2.4 (1.3 in development)

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Casual Game] Colour Matching 1.2.4 (1.3 in development)

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Do you have any screen shots or game play video?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [Casual Game] Colour Matching 1.2.4 (1.3 in development)

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 03 August 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Do you have any screen shots or game play video?

Sorry, my bad. Here are some images for some impressions:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just recently captured these, so they compare to recent versions of the game.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1