2 Replies - 721 Views - Last Post: 07 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

our project and how to start

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

i am a new mobile developer
we aim to develope aan application in andriod

this is introudction anout our app
" develop a Student Management System as an online application works on Android Operating System mobiles. It offers real-time class management. Through the application, teachers will be able to manage attendance, send messages and alerts to students, and add students' grades. Moreover, students will be easily able to communicate with teachers through messages, and follow their courses "

the problem is i want to start by creat a database
but i do not know if i sqlite can provide what i want as online application and real time

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: our project and how to start

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: our project and how to start

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

It seems to me like the only thing that actually needs to be real-time is the sending messages back and forth - couldn't that be done with an sms system? Then you can use a database for attendance, grades, courses and whatever.

This article is about making an app that sends a single text message. You'd need to store the students' numbers in a database, then retrieve, say, the numbers for all the students in a class, and send the same text to each of them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: our project and how to start

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostTayacan, on 05 August 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

It seems to me like the only thing that actually needs to be real-time is the sending messages back and forth - couldn't that be done with an sms system? Then you can use a database for attendance, grades, courses and whatever.

This article is about making an app that sends a single text message. You'd need to store the students' numbers in a database, then retrieve, say, the numbers for all the students in a class, and send the same text to each of them.

thanks for the good article
but i want to be a free cost by send it by wirless also there is realtime in alert if the student absent more than for example 5 days the system automitcaly send messge to aleat the student
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1