4 Replies - 2020 Views - Last Post: 11 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[VIEW MY WORK] Maybe you have some good ideas for me.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Hey Everyone,
I'm back again after completely restarting my website, now, I would like to know if you like the design and the concept behind it?
A bit of Information about it for you,
This website is going to be used for my Xbox/PC Clan I am Leader of (Yes Competitive), and pretty much will allow other users interested in our clan to view our Goals, Upcoming Events, Videos (We do youtube videos with "edits" we've done(by edits I mean shots we have pulled have and than edited to make look cool :P)), they can also talk to us, view our livestream and just lurk around talking to other players.

So here comes some images I'll explain a little about each of them.
(I'd like to apologise if this isn't the section for it)

Posted Image
This image is the login page(leads to a registration page but i'm still designing that :P), so, this is the only thing a user see's unless they register and login (figured spammers are lazy.)

Posted Image
This is the main page, I am using this design on all the pages, I haven't completed the other pages yet but they should be done by tomorrow I hope, so this is possibly a work in progress post :D

Anyways, leave your criticism (please!), some extra ideas you may think of, and any tips.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [VIEW MY WORK] Maybe you have some good ideas for me.

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: [VIEW MY WORK] Maybe you have some good ideas for me.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

It would be a lot easier to critique if you can give a live link to the site. Just going off images:

-I do like the subtle yet flashy effects of your link images.
-On the Second Image it appears you have 2 'View More' links?
-Not a big fan of the Header/Navbar Set-up. Recommend:

1. Cropping out some of the height to make the Header a slimmer image, just above the 3C or so.
2. Make the NavBar equal to the length of the Header image.
3. Considering how LARGE your Header image will be even if you crop it, put the NavBar under the Header instead of above so visitor don't have to scroll across so much real estate to navigate. *One thing I've become a fan of is making my NavBar become fixed when scrolling, which is another option to combat this issue.

That's about all I can offer without a live link. Hope it helps!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for what you have said, and yes, I was contemplating moving my NavBar to the very top of the page and having it in a fixed position, and yes I do have 2 view more, they are 2 seperate types of video's we do, One is OneClipEdits(OCE) and the other is speedarts and these will link to 2 seperate pages :D

Once again thankyou..

*****UPDATE******
I'm working on my registration page, I will post up my web address once I put it all online (been waiting just so I know my design isn't going to be stolen by other members of my class :D)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Quite welcome. If you want me to review it in more detail, PM or Email me and i'll be sure to check it out when you have it Live.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Moved to Site Check.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1