4 Replies - 3541 Views - Last Post: 11 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Sellings SaaS - Need help FINDING a all-in-one solution

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I will quote my previous thread which was locked

In a few months my application will (hopefully) be ready for sale. I need a service which hosts my application, have a storefront (which handles subscriptions), protects my application from piracy, shows sales/users etc. So basically a all-in-one solution. I want to only focus on my application. I am so tired of all the solutions which only offers a fraction of what I need.

I almost forgot. I hate license numbers (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx). I want my customers to create an account (username/password) at the store when buying, which they use to login to the application.

Thanks for any help

It was locked because the admin misunderstood my question. I am not asking you to code anything for me. I am looking for a already made solution. So if you have any previous experices please let me know. I will truly be grateful :)

Again, thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sellings SaaS - Need help FINDING a all-in-one solution

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sellings SaaS - Need help FINDING a all-in-one solution

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

You obviously don't know much about anti-piracy of software.
If your software isn't checking its credentials (license number) against a trusted source (like YOUR server) every time it starts then its pretty to pirate.

Then of course you have to compromise security for usability. If you are selling software then go out of business you need to provide a way were they buyers can still operate.

If your buyers go someplace with no internet for a month's vacation you can't time out their software.

So at best, you have to issue a unique ID for each sale and confirm it at installation time. If the same unique ID is registered at installation time more than say, twice a year its fair to assume they are doing something other than re-building their PC.

Of course, if your software is worth anything someone is going to find a way to patch around the first-time on-line registration trap. Personally I like hardware security dongles that have space for loading with constants your software can check and even allow loading runnable code so your program can call a calculation method that resided on the dongle. No dongle: No work. But you have to decide if your software is worth the added expense of a $35 dongle plus shipping to the customer.

Have you tried Googleing "Software selling site", "Software selling company" and so on? There seem to be many. It only took 10 seconds to find this one:
http://www.avangate....ment-solutions/
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

This is my first time selling anything online. Therefor I have no experience setting up my own server to do anything related to this. I have no knowledge on this field. So I thought it would be fair to my customers not to do it myself, as it wouldn´t turn out very good.

Regarding you google search, I´ve tried avangate´s solution but it lack´s software protection and it uses license numbers instead of login information. However, I am impressed you found it in under 10 seconds :) And the dongle option isn´t for me either, as my service costs $4.99/month.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

I see no reason why the service stops you from using a dongle.
If anything, it seems like a better fit since you need to be able to disable the software if they stop paying for it. That require is going to make it even harder for you to find a ready made, off the shelf, turn-key provider to handle your needs.

Hire someone to build a site that meets all you requirements.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 10 August 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

I see no reason why the service stops you from using a dongle.
If anything, it seems like a better fit since you need to be able to disable the software if they stop paying for it. That require is going to make it even harder for you to find a ready made, off the shelf, turn-key provider to handle your needs.

Hire someone to build a site that meets all you requirements.

I want the whole process to be a pleasant experience for my customers, so a dongle is nothing for my business. How much could I expect to pay for a someone to build a site - and maintain it? I have near to no money to invest :/ Anyone with experience combining multiple pre-made solutions? If that is even possible :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1