2 Replies - 3962 Views - Last Post: 10 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking to join or start an amature game dev group

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys!
I'm new here, actually first ever post, I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section, or if this kind of message breaks any rules. I spent a few minutes checking, and this seems to be an acceptable place to put this, so I will get down to the actual post now:

I have been interested in game development since I was around 13 (almost 21 now) and since then I have read many books and experimented in many ways with video games. My skills however are not all that great, and I have a lot to learn still.

What my goal is right now is to find a group or make a group of amateur people much like myself that could get together and work on a set project. I've tried many times to tackle game projects by myself but its too much work for me alone and I would love to be able to work alongside others.

So if you're like me and looking for a group of people to work together on projects (as an educational experience) message me and maybe we can start something!

If your already in a group and looking for another member, I may be of service to you. Although my skills are that good, I have had experience in almost all aspects of game design, I am an artist, 3d designer, c++ programmer (still rather new to c++) a guitarist (for background music possibly), writer, etc. So maybe I might be able to help.

Thanks for reading this far, Let me know if this was of any interest!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking to join or start an amature game dev group

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking to join or start an amature game dev group

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Moving to 'advertise'...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking to join or start an amature game dev group

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

I gotta warn ya boss, posts like this are a dime a dozen

EDIT:
Down to the fact that this is the first post from the poster. You need to show some level of ability or team management before anyone reputable will take you seriously.

This post has been edited by atraub: 10 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1