2 Replies - 294 Views - Last Post: 15 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

intro by the Monty Python's Circus newbie

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

def no_one():
    print "Expects the Spanish Inquisition !!!

Hello, as you can see, I've got some background in Python, not much, and mostly on the very basic programming and cultural sides.

Ah well, I should probably give you your Introduction Template, dully completed and done.

here you go:

Name: Peter

Location: Currently, Australia, on a 9 months "working holiday", as my visa states.

Birthdate:
16th of March

Sex: Male

Height:
No idea, I tend to not wory about such numbers, except when picking clothes of course.
Weight: Idem.

Hair: blond.

Eyes:
... I'll be back when I've looked myself in a mirror, or not.

Education: the "Bac" of high school education, the french diploma necessary to enter any university, S (scientific) version of it.

Programming Languages:
Python mostly, I've completed some basic tutorials for HTML and one very small one for CSS, and some for Javascript that I've long forgotten. Oh and I'm top student at one language at least, English :gunsmilie: .

Years Programming/Designing:
None, pretty normal for a student I'd think.

Employer: None, presently I'll be working with some guy named Paul, but I'll be mustering sheep...not exactly a great programming endeavour !!! ( unless you can think of a way ? Nah...).

Hobbies/Interests:
Programming, Philosophy, Travelling, Woodcarving... Yep, tha't pretty much it !! ( OH, and I'm one of the sad addicts of Dwarf Fortress : Google It, Be Converted).

Favorite Bands:
None, I'm listening to Jonathan Coulton, but only because some of his songs are hilarious ( and he made the End Credits for Portals and Portals 2 !!).

Favorite Movie:
Um, One of the Monthy Python's movies, don't remember which at the moment, probably the Holy Graal...

Favorite Color: Black.

Favorite Number:
...WHERE'S THE INFINITY SIGN ?!? AAAAAAGHH!!!!

Favorite Beverage: Cider, if we're talking alcohol, else, H2O makes my day!!!

Favorite Food: Spaghetti Bolognaise/Carbonara. But I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to food.

Favorite Sport: Uhh... Walking ? :innocent:

Favorite Phrase: "There are only two exits. Left, Right, And Madness.", don't remember where I saw it though...

Favorite Animal: Untill further exploration of the subject, Kangouroos ( or Roos, as they're called here in Australia, or the land of Oz, as a fellow blogger calls it.)

Favorite Video Game:
Dwarf Fortress !!! If you don't know what it is, *frantic, maniac voice* Google I..IT!!!

Favorite Quote: Huh?! I thought this was the favorite phrase part... I'll just put one from a science-fiction tale then : " Civilization is the utmost form of Boredom, and, Coincidentally, of Lack of Thinking" Not exactly accurate phrasing, mostly a paraphrase of one of the characters... But a good one, nonetheless !!!

Dislikes: I try not to have any, I'm called a freaking pokemon by my old high-school friends for always changing the "personnality" they know me as every school year... not by much, but enough for them to wonder why tehy're aways the same :basecase:.

Last Good Book I Read: A Logic Named Joe, Oh, wait, THAT'S were the last quote came from !!

If I Could Have One Superhuman Ability, It Would Be:
Immortality, at least in spirit, I want to expore the whole world, and I don't have the time for it.
So I'm basically exploring it a bit before I go for my Philosophy degree, hoping for a pool of Nuclear waste or something else to give me immortality along the way... Looks like I'll just have to go on as a mortal for now !!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: intro by the Monty Python's Circus newbie

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: intro by the Monty Python's Circus newbie

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Woodcarving eh? Do you have any photos floating around the 'net of your work?

Oh, and welcome!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: intro by the Monty Python's Circus newbie

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 15 August 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

Woodcarving eh? Do you have any photos floating around the 'net of your work?

Oh, and welcome!

Thanks for the welcome.
Sadly, no, I haven't got any photos on the 'net.
it's a very new hobby, and I haven't got any really succesfull pieces yet, plus the only piece I had (more or less) finished I gqve to my girlfriend as a paring gift before I left for Australia. And right now I'm a bit occupied learning to drive a motorbike out in the australian bush. I'm hoping I survive long enough out here to get some done. :sigh:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1