4 Replies - 453 Views - Last Post: 15 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Real Estate Website Doesn’t Load on iPhones

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

I have a real estate site made up of HMTL, CSS, Javascript and PHP. It doesn’t load the properties on iPhones. Do I have to do something in my website to make the properties load, if so what should I do? OR do people with iPhones have to install an application, if so what’s the application name?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Real Estate Website Doesn’t Load on iPhones

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Real Estate Website Doesn’t Load on iPhones

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Well if you coded the site to more or less fit the specification, then the iPhone should be reading it fine. Have you tried to view your site on your desktop using Safari? (That is the browser that iPhone users use). Try adjusting the size of your window on the desktop to be the size of an iphone screen. Do the properties disappear?

Do you have a link to the real estate site that we can look at to see if we notice anything? Maybe even a few coders will be gracious enough to load it onto their iphones/ipod touches.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostMartyr2, on 15 August 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Well if you coded the site to more or less fit the specification, then the iPhone should be reading it fine. Have you tried to view your site on your desktop using Safari? (That is the browser that iPhone users use). Try adjusting the size of your window on the desktop to be the size of an iphone screen. Do the properties disappear?

Do you have a link to the real estate site that we can look at to see if we notice anything? Maybe even a few coders will be gracious enough to load it onto their iphones/ipod touches.

:)

Thanks for your reply. I have viewed with safari. Let me install it and check.

The website page which doesn’t load is http://www.sdcfonline.com/search.php
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

It doesn't load on Safari? Does it mean that Safari doesn't support Javascript? if so what should be done to make the my website work on ALL browsers?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

First of all, you should never put any javascript BEFORE your <html> tag. If you want it near the top, it should be INSIDE your <head> tags. But the first element is typically the <html> tag or a <doctype> tag. So move that down. That might be part of the problem.

Secondly, what is with all the <meta> keyword tags for different domains? One meta tag for keywords and the keywords should be relevant for the content on the given page. Since all the keywords appear to be the same, just lump them together. Save yourself some bandwidth and repetition.

Third, you really should take a lot of what is in the page and put it into external files. For instance your styles should go in their own .css file and then link to it from the page. Same with the majority of your javascript. Those should be external .js files that you link to.

Umm... you do know that you have SQL queries being shown in the source code of the page right? They are in comments and I don't think you want to be showing people stuff in your database and the types of queries you are possibly running. Might want to take those out PRONTO!

Clean up a bit of this stuff and things might run a bit smoother. For me the site is showing up on my desktop safari and I don't see the properties disappearing, but that isn't to say that you don't have a javascript problem which is why you can't see it in iPhone.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1