4 Replies - 673 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What would you suggest for me to buy? (Computer)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Not sure if this is in the right section, sorry if it isn't... I'm new here
Alright, I'm going to be buying a new computer soon. I am going to spend around 1000$ and maybe as high as $1200. I plan to mainly do web design and development (Django). My current computer is starting to stop working on me and I need a new computer that I dont have to worry about crashing and losing my work. I want to get a laptop. I am mainly going to do web design, but will run things such VS 2010 and play some games (Want to be able to run new games at high settings). I'm currently looking at this laptop. It looks pretty nice to me, I went to best buy and looked it and liked the way it felt (Didn't feel like cheap plastic). The thing I'm worried about is using it to play some games on. It only has 512mb graphics. Can someone help me choose on a good laptop for what I need? Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What would you suggest for me to buy? (Computer)

#2 Glorfindal  Icon User is online

• Java Enthusiast
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What would you suggest for me to buy? (Computer)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

512MB of graphical RAM isn't all that bad. Remember if the computer runs out of dedicated graphics memory it will switch to regular RAM.

The specs look very good for a laptop I haven't bought a new computer for a while (content with what I have) but I would say go for it. With an i7 processor and 8GB of memory I really doubt you will regret it. :)

This post has been edited by Glorfindal: 15 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

hi,
I think before buying a computer you should check what are the requirement of that computer at first.
then you should compare the prices of different products.
to do this i think you should check this link : http://www.techyv.co...buying-computer
there you can find some helpful tips for buying computers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Glorfindal  Icon User is online

• Java Enthusiast
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

When you say requirements do you mean specs? I mean that's what he talked about in his post and so did I. Did you actually go to the link he provided?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

When you are evaluating graphics cards, the best possible thing you can do is go to a site like amazon or newegg and read the reviews. And remember, while memory is the number that everyone sees, it doesn't mean anything without the graphics processor behind it.

When you are buying a laptop for gaming, try and find specific reviews where people cite the computer's performance while running a specific game. Also, try to find out a little bit about the cooling. I've seen many a laptop go up because of inadequate system cooling.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1