Python in Web Browser

• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 1232 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2012 - 05:46 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Python in Web Browser

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Right but anyone can get it from there, and then try to distribute their own edit of it (happens alot in the game). I can send you my code.. I do nothing malicious in it and dont want it used for bad. It is written like a noobie I'm sure but I'm a sql guy in my daily job.

On a side note, I hope we are not doing what is in your Signature, haha

This post has been edited by toyotajon93: 17 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

So, I'm not trying to be rude but you're either being disingenuous or unrealistic.

You're not dealing in reality
People don't typically make viruses in Python. Sure there's some dumb stuff that you can do with it, but it's not really common. On top of that, let's say someone does make their own edit and posts it. Yours should still have higher numbers of downloads on github, and it'll show up higher on on search results.

You're a liar
Your true concern is that you won't get credit. Maybe you're afraid that other people will distribute it and that you won't the kudos you feel you deserve. Even worse, perhaps someone will take your source code, improve it, and then release that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Why would you choose Python then try to hide your source code? It is an open source scripting language for a reason. If you really don't want people to share your code use a compiled language with an obfuscator. But even then someone will try to decompile it and make edits to it, you really cannot stop it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

I knew some python and not that familiar with C. Sorry I'll figure it out on my own.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Dude, people don't sit at their keyboards, fantasizing at the idea of ripping off your code. If you're a novice and you built this script for your game, you need only tell us what the script does and I promise that we can get the exact same functionality without even seeing your source code. Not to be rude, but you're clearly too inexperienced to make something that can not be easily replicated by an expert... so what's with this obsession over concealing your code?

This post has been edited by atraub: 17 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +