3 Replies - 321 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Oh, you and Mr Penguin, eh?

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

+5 to anyone that gets the reference.

Anyways, I'm Mike. I own a computer repair/maintenance business. I also do web design and forum administration for a few different forums. I'm in the process of learning C++, while working on a game project that is written in C#.

I joined up here because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying college tuition just to be able to ask your professor "hey, where's my missing semicolon?"

So hopefully I'll be answering web design and hardware questions and asking programming questions :)

See ya on the forums.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Oh, you and Mr Penguin, eh?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Oh, you and Mr Penguin, eh?

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Welcome! I am certain the hardware guys will enjoy another voice in mix!

Kudos on the self learning... any particular end game or just to get better on the web dev side?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hello Mike, & welcome to Dream In Code!

Does your shop have a website? How many technicians do you have working for you?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, & becoming a part of our community! :D :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

The website is a work in progress. I own a top level domain, but most of my work has been small business/special interest groups, and my hardware work is fairly local, so I haven't really needed a website that badly.

Currently I do most of my own work. I have one local technician who I hand down small jobs to when I am busy, and another technician about 40 minutes away that I subcontract minor work to from his area.

As far as programming, I'm trying to build a base in a couple different languages. Although I don't see myself coding any games on my own, I enjoy helping out with projects of interest. Eventually I hope to add JS and PHP to the arsenal to fortify my web dev skillset.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1