2 Replies - 2940 Views - Last Post: 21 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Multiple Onchange Events in HTML select

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have been scouring the net trying to find a good example of how to do 2 onchange events in a single select. I have tried all the one i found and ca;t seem to get them to work in my code.

Currently i have:
<select name="select_Main_Group" required="yes" onchange="this.form.submit()">

Which simply enough queries the database and populates the next drop down.

What i would like to do is submit the form to get the next set of results and at the same time open a lightbox that will show the user how to measure the product properly to get the overall width of the product that is being replaced.

Thank you in advance for any help or references to good tutorials.

Aaron

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Multiple Onchange Events in HTML select

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Multiple Onchange Events in HTML select

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I have figured out how to use the window.open in conjunction with the other onchange event. It works fine in FireFox and Chrome but IE's built in blocker wins. So now i'm thinking a LightBox might be the way to go. Anyone know how to launch a lightbox with a on change event?

View Postmossman65, on 17 August 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been scouring the net trying to find a good example of how to do 2 onchange events in a single select. I have tried all the one i found and ca;t seem to get them to work in my code.

Currently i have:
<select name="select_Main_Group" required="yes" onchange="this.form.submit()">

Which simply enough queries the database and populates the next drop down.

What i would like to do is submit the form to get the next set of results and at the same time open a lightbox that will show the user how to measure the product properly to get the overall width of the product that is being replaced.

Thank you in advance for any help or references to good tutorials.

Aaron

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Multiple Onchange Events in HTML select

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I am assuming you will be using a pre-built lightbox. You should be able to use the css style 'display' to hide and show the lightbox when the onchange event fires. Or if the lightbox is an object, make sure an instance of the lightbox is created then show it on the onchange event. You could also custom build your own lightbox and add whatever functionality you want to it. Hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1