1 Replies - 1354 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How can I do this?

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

I'm new here, I did not know how to name my topic.

How to make a website, for example: http://www.wowhead.com/?
I mean the "search", which looks at some there "database" (If so, you can call it that), in any case, among a number of items, and you type displays matching items alphabetically (in the above example happens so by entering 3 letters). If it has any meaning it must not be so large, enough is ~ 150-200 elements that can be in the search. What should I learn? How to create something like this? Maybe the "system" has a special name? Handy to have any tips, maybe a tutorial.
Thanks in advance, maybe someone knows how to create something like that.

If you need to get some more specific details, tell i will write.

I know a bit HTML, CSS and SQL.
Sory for my English :flowers: .

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How can I do this?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How can I do this?

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Hi Acrene, you could start by downloading a webserver. I would recommend apache webserver. If you read the documentation that comes with it will tell where to put you website files and how to edit the config files of the server. It's quite intuitive to understand. I have apache2 on linux and that is all i'm used to so it could be different if your using windows.

To create the website you could use a combination of html css javascript php asp and others. If you need one you can use a database system like sql that is well supported by php and asp...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1