2 Replies - 324 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I thought I left tech

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hi!

I used to be in the tech business. I worked for a small ISP and did *everything* SysAdmining...network engineering...web development ... Photoshop Coach... hand holding. Really I am a trained fine artist with a background in graphics and photography. Anyway, I've recently opened a stationery & gift shop that offers the former and also wedding websites for brides and branding for small businesses (amazing how much design work one gets once one has a storefront).

I am looking to expand my web presence and looking to develop a website that will allow people to design their stationery - right now we work by the customer putting in their information and me sending back a proof - and I wondering how best to do it that isn't ColdFusion or ASP.NET (why no .net? I'm just not familiar with it since I've been a mac and linux user since like forever - and Windows servers always perplexed me. One even hated me. Swear! ;-))

That's my story. I hope you don't mind me asking questions and I'm willing to help with any Photoshop issues. I've been using that since 4.0!

-Pippa

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I thought I left tech

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I thought I left tech

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Welcome back to tech.

PHP or Ruby on Rails are two options. You might post a question with more detail in the Web Development forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I thought I left tech

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi Jack --

Oh, I will. Eventually. RIght now, I'm just trying to get the website up and people shopping. ;-)

Thanks!

Pippa

View PostJackOfAllTrades, on 19 August 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Welcome back to tech.

PHP or Ruby on Rails are two options. You might post a question with more detail in the Web Development forum.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1