2 Replies - 1216 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

A Free File hosting platform

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hey guys i am currently developing a free File Sharing platform similar to Mediafire and DropBox but it will be 100% free for anyone to use and everyone will receive free unlimited storage with no restrictions.
I need a good solid name to build it upon because the brand name is what will define the software and i need a catchy name that people will remember.
For example "Instagram" is a really unique name and is very easy to remember so i need something like that.
Please leave your suggestions for a good name for a software like this down below.
The person who will be responsible for the name that i will chose will get credit in the credits section of the software and the website.
Thank You!
Please help me out with this because at the end of the day i will not receive any profits from this project and i am doing this to help everyone who cannot afford expensive file storage plans :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A Free File hosting platform

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A Free File hosting platform

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hey guys i am currently developing a free File Sharing platform similar to Mediafire and DropBox but it will be 100% free for anyone to use and everyone will receive free unlimited storage with no restrictions.

Random business question - how will this sustain itself then? Storage costs someone, somewhere, eventually. The hardware, software account management, and bandwidth are never free. Is this going to be operating against you at a huge deficit, or what exactly?

As it is just think of fun storage words.. like "sto.re" or "box.it".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: A Free File hosting platform

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 19 August 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Random business question - how will this sustain itself

Well basically i was thinking of introducing a ad based system such as a pay per click or something along those lines, and use the ad revenue to pay for everything you stated above such as bandwidth etc.
What is your opinion on this?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1