4 Replies - 2444 Views - Last Post: 22 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

#1 kensands  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-August 12

Coders coffee drinking ideas sharing group

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

I'm in the north east of england (newcastle / sunderland area) and work as the only programmer in the office. There are lots of times I'd like to discuss the things I'm working on, or new code I have planned with other coders as I have when working with groups in the past. Are there any people out there that meet say once a month to drink coffee eat cake and talk code?... If it helps I have a raspberry pi on the way and a great project planned for it!
Although it's good, sometimes talking over a forum is just not the same.

Ken.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Coders coffee drinking ideas sharing group

#2 AnalyticLunatic  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 222
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,035
  • Joined: 25-June 12

Re: Coders coffee drinking ideas sharing group

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

View Postkensands, on 21 August 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

I'm in the north east of england (newcastle / sunderland area) and work as the only programmer in the office. There are lots of times I'd like to discuss the things I'm working on, or new code I have planned with other coders as I have when working with groups in the past. Are there any people out there that meet say once a month to drink coffee eat cake and talk code?... If it helps I have a raspberry pi on the way and a great project planned for it!
Although it's good, sometimes talking over a forum is just not the same.

Ken.


Hello Ken,

I'm a developer in Midwestern USA, but I'd certainly be interested in the occasional discussion.

Best Regards,

A.L.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 kensands  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-August 12

Re: Coders coffee drinking ideas sharing group

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 21 August 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hello Ken,

I'm a developer in Midwestern USA, but I'd certainly be interested in the occasional discussion.

Best Regards,

A.L.


Aww that's awesome.... although I bet you're just trying to sneak a peek at my awesome project! I'm currently busy creating a big Olympic themed twister and gearing up for roasting a pig this weekend, neither of which has anything to do with coding!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 AnalyticLunatic  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 222
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,035
  • Joined: 25-June 12

Re: Coders coffee drinking ideas sharing group

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Postkensands, on 21 August 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 21 August 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hello Ken,

I'm a developer in Midwestern USA, but I'd certainly be interested in the occasional discussion.

Best Regards,

A.L.


Aww that's awesome.... although I bet you're just trying to sneak a peek at my awesome project! I'm currently busy creating a big Olympic themed twister and gearing up for roasting a pig this weekend, neither of which has anything to do with coding!


Big Olympic themed twister? Am I reading that right?! Lol
Been a few moons since I've attended a pig roast, but I'm currently stuffed with Subway and prefer to avoid thinking of food :S
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 kensands  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 21-August 12

Re: Coders coffee drinking ideas sharing group

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 21 August 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Big Olympic themed twister? Am I reading that right?! Lol
Been a few moons since I've attended a pig roast, but I'm currently stuffed with Subway and prefer to avoid thinking of food :S


Yes, yes you are, and here's the proof.

When I say gearing up for a pig roast I mean, ordering a pig, picking up 150kg of charcoal etc etc. I have terrible fear every year that I'll forget the pig or something crazy.

Attached image(s)

  • Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1