6 Replies - 957 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hiring [PHP/Web Dev's]

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

My Website: http://rateyoursite.co.cc/

I started this website last month, during mid-July. I am a PHP/SQL programmer, and so far I've coded a simple method of website submission, forums, and some user account tools. I've been coding in PHP for a year now and I'm looking for others with experience in PHP and want to help develop and be an entrepreneur of a website, no people who are just learning.

I am looking for 2-3 PHP programmers who want to help develop and run the website. The main thing that will be worked on at the moment is a news system, some forum moderation tools, a rating system for websites, commenting on websites to gain virtual cash, website search system, and a directory system. I don't have a bank account since I'm only 15 so I'm not able to buy a domain, hence why I used a "co.cc" sub-domain. But not really important since the rating system is not completed yet.

Web developers, forum owners, bloggers, and such are very eager to advertise their small websites or communities. Advertising on this website is free using their Virtual Cash but there will be special services that can be paid such as "Footer Ads" or "Featured Sites". That's our goal for making revenue once the coding is done. If you are interested add me via MSN messenger at " senovit@live.com " or send me a PM.

Hiring:

- 2-3 PHP programmers
- A graphic designer who can make logos & signatures representing the site

Later on, once we complete our goal with PHP programming, we will need a domain name and advertisers to help us make some profit.

This post has been edited by Betrayal: 21 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hiring [PHP/Web Dev's]

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hiring [PHP/Web Dev's]

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Curious question - is this a paying gig? Part time? Full time?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 21 August 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Curious question - is this a paying gig? Part time? Full time?

No, I won't be paying programmers. But the programmers will be the developers/owners of the site and we will work together to finish coding the system in sight for profit in return. Work will be mainly part time.
Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

This will not work out unless someone is very desperate......99.9% of people like green backs not future stock options
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostDarenR, on 21 August 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

This will not work out unless someone is very desperate......99.9% of people like green backs not future stock options

Ah well I'm not looking for anyone who's pro at PHP and is looking for cash. But people who are relatively new to working on web projects or someone who hasn't really gone big and fancy with PHP development, and wants to work on a team to see the outcome and gain some experience for their resume.

This post has been edited by Betrayal: 21 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

suggest you go have a look at your site.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/a2539443/public_html/connect.php on line 3

maybe an error or 2 there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

If you're 15 you can still open a bank account, at least with Wells Fargo. I have a bank account there hooked up under my parent's account. No fees + a debit card. You should ask your parents about getting one - teaches a lot about responsibility.

Or you can also register an LLC if you really want to get into it. It costs money, different amounts depending on what state you're in. And you have to file some tax information every year. But with that you'll get a UBI which you can use for a Paypal business account (which is free). This means you will be able to freelance under your LLC's name and start to earn money (which means you can actually get people on your team for this project). This is very useful because nobody will ever want to hire a 15-year-old, even if you have adequate skills. They will however hire a corporation ;)

I'm from the US though, so the laws and such may be different in other places.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1