7 Replies - 1373 Views - Last Post: 23 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

best language for web development.?

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hello,
I am working on games from last two years but i dont have any ideas about web based games. I am now interested on making webbased games so pls can any one suggest me with best programming language, IDE, and front end libraries too. Can we work with C++ also if yes then pls suggest me with some libraries..?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: best language for web development.?

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: best language for web development.?

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

It's going to depend entirely on what you want to develop, how you want to deploy it, what you like to use, etc., etc.

If you spell out what it is you want to do, you're likely to get only a mild thrashing for asking "what language should I use" instead of the topic being summarily closed, which seems likely.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 22 August 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

It's going to depend entirely on what you want to develop, how you want to deploy it, what you like to use, etc., etc.

If you spell out what it is you want to do, you're likely to get only a mild thrashing for asking "what language should I use" instead of the topic being summarily closed, which seems likely.

Actually, i have a plan to develop a online platform there will be lot games in it and its easy for me to do it with C++, but the problem is: can we make web based game with C++? is there any library which will help to develop it with C++?

I am looking for any kind of help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

By web based games do you mean flash games, casual games or fully fleshed out online games? Here are some popular technologies:

Flash games - you need to learn ActionScript for this one.
Casual games - you can use Flash, HTML5, Javascript in conjunction with each other. See also PHP and Ajax for web based text RPGs like The Kingdom of Loathing(A Noodle Attacked!).
Online games - I believe this one you can use C++ as in these types of games the game itself is installed in a PC then what you're sending to the internet are your actions and it gets processed in a server allowing you to interact online with other gamers, like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars.

That's all from memory, do take note I'm not a real game programmer. ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

from the viewpoint of a web programmer you need at least 4 languages: HTML, CSS, Javascript, a server-side language and maybe SQL.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

I suppose you could develop a web-based game in C++. I think it would probably be looked on as an exercise in masochism. If "reinventing the wheel" is the term for developing an idea which is already widely available, your idea sounds a little like "It's a wheel - only it's made of sand!"

Have you looked at any of the existing frameworks? Tried to develop games in them? What is missing from the existing technology that you want to supply? What is wrong that you want to remedy?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

thanks for all the replies guys. I also wanna know that is there any front end library that will help me with developing game with C++ for web based game...

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 23 August 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

I suppose you could develop a web-based game in C++. I think it would probably be looked on as an exercise in masochism. If "reinventing the wheel" is the term for developing an idea which is already widely available, your idea sounds a little like "It's a wheel - only it's made of sand!"

Have you looked at any of the existing frameworks? Tried to develop games in them? What is missing from the existing technology that you want to supply? What is wrong that you want to remedy?

I have never done a web based games or online games so i am just a freasher so i have started with just researches and all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

Popular libraries out there for Web games include Unity, and uh... that's all I know. You can create beautiful looking 3D games with that library though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1