2 Replies - 1843 Views - Last Post: 23 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Change Color On Button Press

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping that I can get some good recommendations/pointers in the right direction.

I want to create a .swf where an image loads, in this case a Boat, and a user can select different areas of the boat. As the user selects the area, they are then given color options, and when a user selects the color, that particular section of the boat changes color. Sounds simple enough, right?

I have found a few basic tutorials that do this, such as one where a car loads and you can change the color of its rims, but as I have had roughly 2 weeks of actual experience in Flash learning from a very horrendous book, I am hoping some of the experts on this forum could possibly point me in the right direction or offer some advice :smile2:

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Change Color On Button Press

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Change Color On Button Press

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

You'll need to play with your button states (ie, up, over, down, etc) and associate them with mouse events in your actionscript (ie, mouse-over, mouse-out, onclick, etc). I'm afraid I can't offer anymore help than that without seeing some code or at least knowing what you've tried thus far.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Change Color On Button Press

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 23 August 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

You'll need to play with your button states (ie, up, over, down, etc) and associate them with mouse events in your actionscript (ie, mouse-over, mouse-out, onclick, etc). I'm afraid I can't offer anymore help than that without seeing some code or at least knowing what you've tried thus far.

Thanks for the reply Benign! Nothing tried as of yet, just seeking general guidance for what to do or what to avoid doing when coding such an animal. Tips for making the .swf faster on a website, etc. This will be my first true adventure into Flash-Land.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1