2 Replies - 359 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Webpage Interaction

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

While im not new to programming, i am somewhat new to Javascript and JQuery,

This project is an extension to chrome, What i want to do, is to have java script get the html of the current page, and iterate through the elements, highlighting the current element or so to speak.

So for an example, A page loads, and with a timer, the header element will be highlighted, then the content area, and then the footer.

This would be the foundation for more fancy stuff where i can select these elements to highlight content within these area.

What would be the best and most efficient way of doing this?

Im not looking for answers, more guidance to any libraries or methods i can look up, or perhaps some insight into how java script treats or manages a webpage.

Lars.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Webpage Interaction

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Webpage Interaction

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

If you know what tags you want to highlight, you could simply set the background-color of the tags, and then do delay(500) or something (delay uses miliseconds).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Webpage Interaction

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

mhmmm, but I am wanting the code to by dynamic, so that it could potentially work on every webpage.
The only way i can think of to do that, is to create a List / Tree of the webpage elements as they sit in the code and identify the primary containers to highlight.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1