2 Replies - 679 Views - Last Post: 24 August 2012 - 09:28 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need help with some ideas on how I might go about creating a software

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

The other day my employer had the brought up the idea of creating a voice recogniotion software that like siri allows you to execute actions opening and closing applications or sending mail as well as responding to questions or comments. The only difference is there would be an actor on the screen that is interacting with you.

Right now we're just coming up with ideas with how we might go about doing this. Some ideas we've come up with is creating a bunch of videos of the person giving various responses to whatever the user might ask or command. We're trying to figure out how we might store all these videos and be queried when the user says certain phrases.

The questions we have right now to try to test things a little is what programming language and database would best to use to query the database to bring up a certain video. Some languages we were thinking is maybe php or java and then xml to kind of format the data. Then use a database such as SQL, MySQL, or Oracle. Also is there any open source voice recognition software that can be used?

Any ideas people have that might help would be greatly appriciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need help with some ideas on how I might go about creating a software

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need help with some ideas on how I might go about creating a software

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hmm, this sounds kind of difficult if the user has limited internet connection because if you really want to store videos it will take up a lot of space and the only thing I can think of for you to pull this off with great looking vids is to stream them. Hey, Siri streams too, so I guess no problem? By the way, the software depends on where you want to deploy this software to. Is it as a mobile application or a desktop app?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Need help with some ideas on how I might go about creating a software

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

Right now we were thinking a desktop app and then maybe mobile in the future. What programming language, database, and voice recognition software do you think might work best.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1