4 Replies - 1539 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is there a way to disable emoticons?

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Is there a way I can disable emoticons in my Post Options by default? Because I'm not a huge fan of emoticons in my posts, and generally try to remember to disable the option manually. I know that there's an option to disable seeing emoticons in posts, but that also (from the description of the setting) disables normal images in posts.

It's just kind of a personal thing, but it would be nice if the Post Options at the bottom of the reply/new thread page could be saved.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is there a way to disable emoticons?

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is there a way to disable emoticons?

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Just to clarify: you want to disable emoticons in your posts? As in, posts YOU make? If I'm understanding you correctly, I'm really confused. You don't HAVE to use emoticons in your posts. Ever. The easiest way to not have emoticons in your posts is to simply not use the emoticons.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

It's not really an issue with the use of emoticons, but that I'm not a huge fan of the image-emote that replaces one I habitually use (^-^), so I tend to go in and manually edit the Post Options to disable my text from turning into emoticons.

Ultimately, I just think it would be nice to be able to set defaults for Post Options - not really necessary, but nice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

No, there's not much in the way of disabling you seeing emotes (as you put it - one emote you use decodes to an image you were not expecting)... though everyone else will see the decoded image so that might make for some hilarious interpretation issues!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

You can change whether you can see images in posts (including emoticons) by going to "My Account" -> "Edit My Profile" -> "Blog" tab -> "View/Posting/Email Prefs" Tab -> Uncheck "View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1